Use Our Virginia Business Address
In Virginia, forming an LLC requires you to list your LLC’s principal office address. When forming a Virginia corporation, the principal office address is optional, but addresses for the initial directors are required. This might seem simple enough for most—just list your office or personal address and move on, right? Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. You are agreeing to more than you realize.
There are several heavy implications when you put your office or personal addresses on your formation paperwork: it becomes publicly available online for any client or random person to find, and you’re guaranteed to get a bevy of junk mail for years to come, just to name a few. Listing any of your own addresses on your formation paperwork is not the ideal solution. That’s where our Virginia business address comes into play.
What is a Virginia Business Address?
A Virginia business address is a physical address that you can use anywhere on your business formation documents where an address is required, in place of your personal addresses.
In Virginia, business formation documents require you to list either your principal office address or director’s addresses. Instead of using your personal addresses, you can use our Virginia business address when you sign up for any of our services. We are the only local registered agent service that can offer you our legal, physical business address as part of your service at no extra cost.
Reasons For a Virginia Business Address
- Privacy. Don’t let your personal or office addresses end up on the Virginia Secretary of State website for all the world to see, including scammers and marketers.
- No address change hassle when you move. Trust us—there is no streamlined process for a business address change. You’ll have to update your address with several different agencies every time you move, and it is a time-intensive task.
- Credibility. Create a great first impression and maintain the appearance of professionalism with our Virginia business address. Often, a personal address can give the appearance of an amateur business.
- Permanence. Establish a lasting presence by using our Virginia business address indefinitely. When you change business addresses often, it will be reflected to the public on the Secretary of State website.
- Lease or Homeowner Association rules. You may not be allowed to use your home address as a business address.
- Zoning restrictions. Your city municipality also may not allow businesses to list their home addresses as a business office.
- Liability issues. There is potential for “piercing the corporate veil,” which makes you personally liable for business debts, if you use your personal address as your business address. In order for liability protection to be permissible, you must keep your personal and business activities separate.
Who Needs a Virginia Business Address?
In our opinion—everyone. Every company can benefit in several different ways from using a business address instead of their personal address.
That being said, there are many companies that especially benefit from using a business address. Below is a list of examples:
- Start-up businesses
- Home-based businesses
- Remote workers
- Traveling workers
Business Address vs. Registered Agent
Our Virginia business address is only meant to be used on your business formation documents, and again each year on your annual reports, which are meant to update your records with the Secretary of State. Our business address shouldn’t be used or printed anywhere else. As your registered agent, we strictly receive service of process and state notices on your company’s behalf–not regular business mail.
Hire us Today
When you hire us to be your registered agent, start your LLC, or start your corporation, you will have access to our Virginia business address at no extra cost. Our business address will save you an incredible amount of time and sanity in your already-hectic life of being a business owner. We are the only local registered agent in Virginia who can offer you a free Virginia business address with a service sign-up. Our friendly and experienced staff are happy to answer any more questions you may have. Hire Virginia Registered Agent Services today!